Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Theme Verse for Youth Ministry

Titus 2:6-8
Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. 7In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.

Who are those who oppose?
The students I teach?
Their parents?
Outsiders?

Young people need an example. Even more than another lecture, teens need a living, breathing, genuine display of the truth we teach. If our lives do not match the love we profess... if our actions don't support the advice we give... if our relationships don't reflect the righteousness we demand, then we out to be ashamed; we fail.

Lord, let my life and actions and relationships reflect Your truth. Let everything I say and do point my kids to You. Let Your Spirit be seen in me. Amen

No comments: