Friday, August 28, 2009

Sight & Trust

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

In every instance of life we have two option; to see things as they appear or to see God. There is very little else. We will either focus on this imperfect world through the lenses of our own sin-stained emotions, ambitions and impressions or we will focus on the unchanging, perfect character of God. Either we will trust in our own limited understanding of life or we will trust in the power and wisdom of the eternally perfect Creator. This choice determines our path.

Lord, blind me from my own understanding and cause me to acknowledge You. Do not let me trust in my own understanding but instead trust fully in your goodness and sovereignty in my life. Keep my foot on Your path and do not let me stumble. Amen.

No comments: