Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Romans 3:20
Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Strange as it seems, this truth ought to make me grateful for the law. So often, especially as a young believer, I resented the law and appreciated only Christian liberty. I celebrated the freedom in Christ and ignored the Law of God. Yet, as I grow in faith and years, I have realized just how valuable the law really is. For by the law, my unrighteousness and God's righteousness are revealed. By the law I see my sin, my need for salvation and the Savior who has provided it. By the law I reminded to strive for perfection that my Lord may be pleased. By the law I am reminded of the power and immensity of God's grace. By the law, the holiness of God is illustrated.
The law is nothing to be worship or invested in for salvation sake, nor ignored or minimized. Instead, we are to observe the law of the Lord and let it daily teach us the lessons of salvation, depravity, holiness and grace. The right perspective on God's law will make a big difference in our I live my life and celebrate my faith.

Father -
Oh, how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
You, through Your commandments,
make me wiser than my (struggles);
For they are ever with me.
(Psalm 119:97-98)

No comments: