Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Faithful/Forgetful God...

Isaiah 44:21-22
“ Remember these, O Jacob,
And Israel, for you are My servant;
I have formed you, you are My servant;
O Israel, you will not be forgotten by Me!
I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions,
And like a cloud, your sins.
Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.”

How merciful! How patient! How gracious!
That God would choose to forget our sins so that He might remember us!
This forgetfulness did not come as easily for God as it does for us.
It is not as if our sin faded away with time like a dull memory or was misplaced like an annoying bill. His forgetfulness came at a high price, the life of His Son. It was a sacrificial work, active and intentional, not passive, circumstantial or accidental. It is His sacrificial forgetfulness that enables Him to remember His people and look upon them as Holy, beloved and belonging to God. How merciful! How patient! How gracious!

Lord I am humbled by your mercy and the lengths You have gone to remember me. Teach me to remember You each moment that I might also forget my sin, abandon my transgressions and live my life as You will me to; holy, beloved and belonging to You. Amen

No comments: