Friday, January 13, 2012

true son

1 Timothy 1:2 ESV
To Timothy, my true child in the faith:
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

True sons in the faith are more than mere converts. True sons and daughters in the faith are those we care for and nurture and protect and teach,etc... after guiding them through spiritual rebirth. Spiritual sons and daughters are those who, when mature, bring us great joy as the walk in obedience to Christ. True sons and daughters will reflect the faithfulness of their spiritual parents and the holiness of their heavenly Father.

In my ministry I've had many converts but have I had many true children in the faith?

Father, teach me to be a pastor, a shepherd, a father who guides those entrusted to my care with perseverance, dedication, love and joy. Amen.

No comments: