Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Parents.. watch what you do

1 Kings 15:11
Asa did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, as his father David had done.

1 Kings 15:26
He (Nadab) did evil in the eyes of the LORD, walking in the ways of his father and in his sin, which he had caused Israel to commit.

1 Kings 16:25
ut Omri did evil in the eyes of the LORD and sinned more than all those before him.

1 Kings 16:30
Ahab son of Omri did more evil in the eyes of the LORD than any of those before him.

Exodus 20:5-6
for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Asa reigned in Judah, walking in the ways of the Lord, and enjoyed the generational blessing passed down to him from David. During his reign, he watched the curse rip through king after king, son after father, in Israel.

Our children will pick up our habits, priorities, language, values and faith by watching what we do.
Our children will pick up a blessing from God only if we watch what we do.

Father - guard my path and guide my steps that I might walk in Your way and teach my children to walk in Your way. I want to be a blessing for generations. Amen.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

amen! thank you for the reminder! smooooch1