Wednesday, February 10, 2010

rhythm of worship

1 Kings 9:25
Now three times a year Solomon offered burnt offerings and peace offerings on the altar which he had built for the LORD, and he burned incense with them on the altar that was before the LORD. So he finished the temple.

It was not enough that Solomon built the house of the Lord, the Holy Temple. It wa not enough to adorn it with gold and silver and precious wood and stones. It was not enough to consecrate it before the Lord for the use of His people Israel. The Temple was not complete until Solomon, the king, established a habit and rhythm of worship (Prov. 14:34).
The temptation of most pastors and leaders is to build great ministries and movements but never to be ministered to or moved themselves. Such leaders are so busy building that they miss God's blessing. Pastors can be so busy preparing the Word of God that it never penetrates their own heart through quiet contemplation and meditation. Volunteers can be so busy serving that they can miss the sacred presence of God.

Lord, may I never be so busy building that I miss Your blessing. May I never be so busy preparing Your Word that I fail to let it penetrate my heart. Lord, draw me into Your presence daily that I may sacrifice and worship and invite Your presence and work in my life daily. Let me be found in Your Holy presence. Amen.

No comments: