Friday, December 17, 2010

opportunities and opposition

1 Corinthians 16:8-9

"But I will tarry in Ephesus until Pentecost. For a great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries."

Whenever God is behind something, there is opposition. Whenever there is an opportunity to advance the kingdom and cause of Christ, there is an enemy at work opposing it. Anything worth while will have opponents (spiritual and physical) and those causes without any opponents are probably not worth much.
At times we recognize the open door. Other times we recognize the adversaries. Adversaries should not dissuade us from the opportunities God provides. Instead, they should be a sign that God is at work and persuade us toward greater obedience and effort.

Where are the open doors in my life? Where is there obvious opposition?
How have I responded to both?

Father, help me to recognize open doors and strengthen me to endure opposition and adversaries. Amen.

No comments: