Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Breathing life into hopeless situations

Ezekiel 37:3-6
He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “O Sovereign LORD, you alone know.”

4 Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.’”


While I know this passage is truly about the regeneration and restoration of Israel, I was challenged by a question that came to me while applying it to my life.
What are the dry bones in my life? What are the things that I've given up on, believing that even God could not fix or restore them?
Are there people that I've given up on? Are there dreams I've abandoned? Are there habits or devotions that I've let lie?
To Ezekiel God says, "prophesy." Through Ezekiel the Lord commands, "Hear the Word of the Lord."
The dry bones in my life also need to hear the Word of the Lord. I need to be bold enough to open my mouth and speak truth into desperate situations. Yet, first I need to believe the truth of God's Word and the Gospel message of reconciliation. I need to believe that God is able and willing to restore what is according to His will yet dry and lifeless. What I see as hopeless is not.
Am I willing to believe this and speak God's Truth into my life's situations?


Father guard me against hopelessness and make be believe that you can breathe new life into the dry bones of my life. Make be bold to prophesy and speak these Words of Life to those I've given up on, to what I've walked away from and to what I've let lie. Bring new life that all may know that You are the Lord. Amen

No comments: