Friday, September 9, 2011

We are watchmen

Ezekiel 33:6
"But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.’
“Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood."

Are we so different from the son of man, Ezekiel, the prophet? We have the Lord's warning, the word of truth, the trumpet of salvation. If we fail to sound the trumpet, to speak the word, to issue the warning, we too will give account when we meet the Lord. I'm not sure what that means or what accountability will look like... but I'm convinced that I don't want to find out first hand.

Lord - make me more bold to share your Word, to speak the Truth. Break my heart and create in me a heart that breaks. Make me compassionate toward the lost and keep me vigilant for opportunities to share the Gospel. Let no blood be upon me. Amen.

No comments: