Tuesday, June 21, 2011

encouraging the wicked, discouraging the righteous

Ezekiel 13:22-23
"Because you disheartened the righteous with your lies, when I had brought them no grief, and because you encouraged the wicked not to turn from their evil ways and so save their lives, therefore you will no longer see false visions or practice divination. I will save my people from your hands. And then you will know that I am the LORD.’”

The false prophets of Ezekiel's day reversed their role; encouraging the wicked and disheartening the righteous. Have I ever done this?
Have I ever valued my reputation or relationship with man so much that I glossed over sin and even encouraged the wicked in their wickedness? Have I ever oppressed the righteous because I lacked the fervor or zeal that they demonstrated? Have I ever given license to sin by my own sinfulness or discouraged obedience by my own disobedience? Have I ever chosen to remain silent so as not to rock the boat or spoken up so as to be accepted?

God guard your ministry from me. Save Your people from my hand if I ever stray or prevent anyone from knowing that You are the LORD. Amen

No comments: