Friday, November 6, 2009

Content

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Am I content wit the the things I have? Am I happy and satisfied with my stuff, my life, my comfort level? If the answer is no, then I am focused on the wrong thing - me rather than Jesus Christ. His presence is blessing beyond measure and as my heavenly Father, He will never let me be in need. So when I find myself in want, when I find myself hungry for stuff, status or security (Heb. 13:9), when I covet; I will discipline myself to focus on Jesus and give thanks for the immeasurable, incomparable blessings I already have (Heb. 13:15). I will remind myself of the emptiness of earthly pursuits and the reward of remembering others in need (Heb 13:1-3). By this, my conduct will be pure and honoring to God who sustains me by His presence and His Word (13:5).

Father - make me content. Amen.

No comments: