Wednesday, November 18, 2009

whom do I regard?

Ecclesiastes 11:1-6
"Cast your bread upon the waters,
For you will find it after many days.
Give a serving to seven, and also to eight,
For you do not know what evil will be on the earth.
If the clouds are full of rain,
They empty themselves upon the earth;
And if a tree falls to the south or the north,
In the place where the tree falls, there it shall lie.
He who observes the wind will not sow,
And he who regards the clouds will not reap.
As you do not know what is the way of the wind,[a]
Or how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child,
So you do not know the works of God who makes everything.
In the morning sow your seed,
And in the evening do not withhold your hand;
For you do not know which will prosper,
Either this or that,
Or whether both alike will be good."

Whom do I regard with fear, respect and reverence? Do the events of life, difficulties and potential struggles dictate my behavior? Do I regard the wind and the rain greater than God? When I withhold a gift, reserve an act of service or silence a kind word, do I do so at the prompting of the Holy Spirit or because I fear something earthly? As long as I have both breath and ability, I must sow my seed and prepare for the harvest, trusting that God will produce and protect whatever He deems good and right. God cannot bless the seed I do not sow. So, I will hold nothing back and fear nothing but Him so that He too may hold nothing back in His blessing me.

God - let me fear nothing but You and regard nothing on this earth but Your Word and Your leading. Let me hold nothing back as You open up opportunities before me. Amen.

No comments: