Friday, January 8, 2010

Kingdom of Truth

John 18:36-37
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."
"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

Jesus' kingdom is one of truth; not the type that we report on our taxes or relay to a police officer (although this type does also bear witness to Jesus' truth) but an eternal and moral truth that the world is unable to receive without Him (Jn. 8:23,44). Jesus' truth is founded on Him (Jn. 14:6) and centers around the horror of man's sin, the depth of God's love, the power of Christ's sacrifice and the vitality of life through Him.
If I claim to be of Jesus' kingdom, I must be all about this truth. I must be one who boldly proclaims Jesus' truth even in the face of trial. I cannot shrink back or mix my words. I must be bold so that there is no confusion; Jesus is king and I belong to Him.

Father, make me more bold to speak Your truth and to proclaim Your kingdom even in the face of adversity. Amen.

No comments: