Friday, April 16, 2010

Jesus & Faith...

Matthew 2:36
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[a] but only the Father."

I wonder how Jesus felt about this? Was it frustrating knowing all things for all of eternity past and then, when taking on flesh, to not know the hour or day of His own return? Why was this so important? I suppose it was a pretty good way for Jesus to identify with us in our faith.
Jesus identified with our hungers, our pains, our trials, our temptations, our frustrations, our relationships, our loss, our loneliness,... why not our faith? Why not our trust? "Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and favor with God and man," (Luke 2:52). Does this suggest that He also grew in faith?
How wonderful it is to know that my Savior has fully identified with me in my humanity.

Thank you Jesus.
Amen

No comments: