Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Confirmed

Mark 16:15 & 20
"And he said to them, 'Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.' - - - -
And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs."

When we are faithful to "go" and "proclaim," He is faithful to "work" and to "confirm."
How is God working and confirming in, around and through me as I proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ? If I don't see the powerful, transforming work of Christ and the confirmation of that transforming message through miracles and answered prayer I must ask myself if I have faithfully pursued the lost and proclaimed the Gospel. I must ask myself if I have boldly proclaimed and courageously trusted in the promises of God and the power of the Holy Spirit. I must ask myself if I have chosen to live a safe, socially acceptable, quiet life so that I don't offend my neighbor, friend or family member.
If I am going to see the powerful, transforming work of Jesus Christ in the lives of those around me and experience His miraculous confirmation, I must live my life boldly so that the only possible resolution is His intervention; whether by transformation or intervention, by conversion or by confirmation.

Jesus, I want to live my life so boldly for You that my only option is to trust You to confirm Your Truth through me. I want to see lives changed, miracles performed, relationships restored and Your Truth confirmed through powerful signs. Strengthen me to live boldly that Your Gospel might be confirmed through me. Amen.

No comments: