Thursday, May 12, 2011

The testimony of sacrifice

Mark 14:9
And truly, I say to you, wherever the gospel is proclaimed in the whole world, what she has done will be told in memory of her."

The act and sacrifice of this sinful woman so powerfully pointed to Christ and His sacrifice for the world that it echoed throughout all of time along with the Gospel. To her it was a simple sacrifice. To Jesus, it was a bold and true proclamation of the world's need and His sufficiency. To her it was a worthwhile sacrifice. To Jesus it was priceless sacrifice that pointed to a great sacrifice. To her it was a humble sacrifice. To Jesus it was a "beautiful" sacrifice.
Is my life marked with such simple, worthy and humble sacrifices that others are p0inted to the Truth of the Gospel? When people close to me hear again of the sacrifice Jesus has made on our behalf, does my life come to mind as a powerful example of one effected by and demonstrating that sacrifice? Do I pursue simple, selfless acts each day for the benefit of the Gospel? Do I set myself aside for the sake of lifting up Jesus? Does my life testify of His?

Jesus, teach me to sacrifice. Teach me to recognize little opportunities to give myself away daily. Teach me to humble bend my knee and break my flask. Let me give of my whole self, holding nothing back, that You may be glorified and Your Gospel proclaimed through me. Amen.

No comments: