Monday, May 23, 2011

eat the Word

Ezekiel 2:8-10
"But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. Be not rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you." And when I looked, behold, a hand was stretched out to me, and behold, a scroll of a book was in it. And he spread it before me. And it had writing on the front and on the back, and there were written on it words of lamentation and mourning and woe.

Ezekiel was commanded to not simple read but eat a scroll of lamentation, mourning and woe. Far too often I read the Word of God and allow the words to remain on the page. God would rather that I consume His Word, take it in, taste the bitterness of rebuke, feel the weight of woe, experience the fullness of holiness. It is this type of consumption that enable one to truly experience the fullness of God's truth and empowers one to boldly live into that truth.

God, fill me with Your Word. Enable me to experience it's fullness and empower me to live fully into it. Amen.

No comments: