Wednesday, May 11, 2011

hated

Mark 13:13
And you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

If I am to be hate by all for His name's sake, I must live my life for His name's sake.
To walk with Jesus, to follow Him, to take up my cross will lead to difficultly in this life.
If I lack difficultly, if I lack opposition, am I really walking with Him, in His step?
Am I willing to take a stand, issue a warning, buck the system, go against conventional wisdom and speak words of controversial Truth? Am I willing to live sacrificially, to leverage the wealth of this world for the work of His kingdom? Am I willing to live so wholly for His name's sake that the world around me is offended by my actions, standards, words and wishes?
If I am to be hate by all for His name's sake, I must live my life for His name's sake.

Lord, teach me what it means to live for Your name's sake and strengthen me for the task. Amen.

No comments: