Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Holiness

Numbers 1:53
"but the Levites shall camp around the tabernacle of the Testimony, that there may be no wrath on the congregation of the children of Israel; and the Levites shall keep charge of the tabernacle of the Testimony.”

What gravity! The weight of spiritual leadership is no light task. Not only must God's chosen priesthood handle with great care the Holy things of the tabernacle and worship, but they must also stand in between a righteous God and sinful man as a shield from His wrath. The spiritual leaders in God's kingdom must constantly absorb the intensity of God's standard for conduct, thought and purity and intercede for God's people with even greater acts of sacrifice, service, obedience and holiness (James 3:1).
My role as pastor demands that I not only maintain the responsibilities of ministry, but invite the blessing of God and repel His wrath on behalf of the people of God through my personal holiness. My thoughts, actions, attitudes and words have deep spiritual and tangible implications beyond what is seen and heard. In my call to ministry I must never forget my greater call to holiness.

God, make me holy.
Amen

No comments: