Friday, August 15, 2008

Wave Offering

Numbers 8:13
“And you shall stand the Levites before Aaron and his sons, and then offer them like a wave offering to the LORD."

The wave offering was presented before the Lord symbolically giving God full possession of what it represented. What fat or impurities were burned to consecrate them as Holy for God's use. Here, the priests were purified and given fully to the work of God. Nothing impure was to remain and nothing was to be held back.
As believers, we are all part of God's Holy Priesthood (1 Peter 2:9). We must come before Him in purity, having sacrificed (crucified) to the cross whatever belongs to our flesh. We must present all else to God as His possession and instrument for His service.
What fat or impurities still remain in me? What have I been holding back from God? What have I refused to place on the altar and let him use?

God - I surrender my will and agenda to You. Purify my heart and mind and actions so that I may be Holy and acceptable to You. Amen.

No comments: