Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Perfect High Priest

Hebrews 7:24-27
but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
26Such a high priest meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.

Because Jesus is human, He can stand in our place and intercede for us.
Because Jesus is sinless, He is able to pay for the sins of others.
Because Jesus is eternally God, He is able to pay an eternal price for all the sins, of every human, for all of time.

When Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life, no once comes to the Father except through me," (John 14:6) He was revealing this exact ministry as our great and perfect High Priest.

Jesus - help me to appreciate more Your role and ministry as my perfect High Priest. May I come to You more in prayer, with tithes and offerings and in confession that I might find grace and mercy in my time of need. Amen.

No comments: