Friday, October 30, 2009

This scares me...

Hebrews 10:26-31
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”says the Lord. And again, “The LORD will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

This scares me.
No deep thoughts today, just a lot of confession.

Holy Father -
I sin willfully. I have counted common the blood of Christ and His covenant. I've grown comfortable with with thought of a gracious God and ignored Your justice, holiness and wrath toward sin. Forgive me God. Fill me with a holy fear and give me a right view of You. Let my heart break before I sin, not after. I want to be wrecked by the thought of disobedience, and not just the guilt of it. Let me now be counted with Your adversaries but fully embrace You, the living God. Forgive me and strengthen me to obey.
Amen

No comments: