Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Audience of One... Glory to God

John 12:42-43
Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Could this be said of me?
Do I shy away from sharing Christ and the Good News of the Gospel with my neighbors, friends and family because I am more concerned with their opinion of me than my Savior's? Am I more concerned with reputation than righteousness? Do I take the path of least resistance rather than the path of greatest Glory (Jn. 12:27-28)? If I truly love Jesus and count myself as His I must follow and be found where He is (Jn. 12:25-26). I must love Jesus more than my own life, my reputation, my comfort. I must live for an audience of One and bring Him glory alone.

Father - humble me and hunger me for Your glory. Teach me to hold loosely to the things of this life and strive for things that are eternal. May my lie bring You glory alone. Amen.

John 12:25-28
He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.
27 “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify Your name.”
Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.”

No comments: