Thursday, December 17, 2009

Has God changed you?...

John 9:25
He answered and said, “Whether He is a sinner or not I do not know. One thing I know: that though I was blind, now I see.”

Notice the blind man's approach to spiritual issues. When the Jewish rulers challenge his belief that Jesus is a prophet, he does not argue or debate or get sucked into a long exasperating theological discussion. The man born blind simply states the obvious change that Jesus worked in his life; "I was blind, now I see." There is no debating life-change. From that point on it was up to each listener to decide what to do with this Jesus.
When it comes to sharing my faith, do I have life-change that I can point to? Has Jesus been working in and on me? If so, then my story is sufficient enough to share; regardless of my biblical knowledge or theological foundation. If not, then no amount of biblical or theological knowledge will ever challenge anyone to see Jesus differently. If He has not worked His work in me first, others will not follow.

Lord - continue Your work in me. Open my eyes and help me see where You want to work in me, where you want to change me. Give me the faith and courage to obey and wash myself clean like the blind man. Write in me a story of life-change that inspires others. Amen.

No comments: