Wednesday, March 9, 2011

suffering, healing & revelation

Jeremiah 33:6
"Behold, I will bring it (Jerusalem) health and healing; I will heal them (Israel) and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth."

God's will and design for suffering in the lives of His children includes healing and revelation. Sometimes our healing comes in this life, it ultimately comes in eternity. However, in the process of suffering and healing, there is always revelation. Through suffering we come to know God as sovereign, sufficient, just, right, comforting, compassionate, generous, wise, willing, peace, power and so much more. This healing is received if God wills it; the revelation is received if we will it. God is always revealing Himself and we will all only see what we wish to see.
In suffering, do I close my eyes and wish it away? Do I harbor resentment against God or gratitude for the revelation He provides? Do I focus so heavily on my desire for healing that I overlook His revelation? Is my prayer "heal my life" or "open my eyes"?

God - teach me to desire the revelation of You more than anything. Let my life be a revelation of You as I am conformed to Your image and sanctified by Your work. Keep my focus on You. Amen.

No comments: