Thursday, May 27, 2010

How do I pray?

2 Kings 19:19
Now therefore, O LORD our God, I pray, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You are the LORD God, You alone.”

As Senecharib, king of Assyria, taunts the kings men, deters the faith of Judah and defiles the name of the living God, King Hezekiah prays not to preserve his own name, agenda or kingdom, but God's.
When I pray, do I pray to preserve my own name, agenda and kingdom? Am I more concerned with my own reputation, preservation and exaltation or the Lords?
Am I willing to pray for His name and accept whatever the cost?

Lord - teach me to pray unselfishly for Your name, Your agenda and Your Kingdom. Teach me to pray in accordance with Your will. Fill me with a desire and passion to see Your name lifted up. May You be honored by what I pray. Amen.

No comments: