Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fulfilling my Design and Call

Luke 17:10
"So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.’”

I am God's servant. I am blessed to serve such a good and benevolent master. When I obediently serve Him I deserve no special thanks or recognition; I profit none. For I have only done what I was designed and called to do. There is nothing extraordinary about obedience. As God's chosen servant, this is the least I owe.
Does my attitude reflect this truth? Do I seek profit or recognition? Do I expect a special reward from my master or those I serve? Too often the answer is yes.
Instead, can I be content to simply serve and know that I am faithfully fulfilling what I was designed and called to do? Can my reward be my own joy in knowing that I am doing what I was created to do? Can I be humble, set aside ambition and pride, and faithfully live out an ordinary, obedient life? This is the least that I can do.

Father - humble me and make me increasingly content to serve You where I am. Strengthen my obedience and make me more and more faithful to fulfill my design and call. Let my joy be found in ordinary obedience. Amen.

1 comment:

Matt Conrad said...

Ordinary obedience...that is a great statement to reflect on.