Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Gift of the Kingdom

Luke 12:32
"“Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom."

God desires to give us the Kingdom. I don't have to worry about or strive for the things of this world; what I will eat or drink or wear; the things of the kingdom are greater than these. God knows I need these things and will provide them and so much more!
But my tendency is to long for the things of this world rather than the stuff of heaven. Perhaps I am too focused on the temporal and tangible. Perhaps I don't fully understand the treasures of the Kingdom. But I bet if I obeyed Jesus and sold my earthly treasures I might discover the heavenly ones He desires to give me. I need to seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and let my heart long for His treasures - then I may know and understand and receive.

Father - teach me to hold loosely to the stuff of earth and strive for the stuff of heaven. Change my focus to Your Kingdom and what You desire for me. Amen.

No comments: