Tuesday, March 24, 2009

God's Preference: Grace

Luke 15:7
"I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance."

Sometimes when I Meditate on a verse I end up more awestruck than aware of God's reality. I can hardly put into words what I feel when I read this verse. Would God really rather be gracious and merciful over just? According to this He is more gratified and glorified by forgiveness than by justice; wrath or reward.
This leads me to the words of Paul in Romans 6:1-2, "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?"
So what am I to do with this preference God has for His mercy and grace?
I will pass it on. I say to you, that moreso, there will be more joy in heaven over ninety-nine sinners who repent than over just one.

Father - help me understand Your grace and compel me to pass it on. Make it my joy as well to see your grace and mercy extended to all those who cross my path. Make me an instrument of glory for You. Amen.

No comments: