Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Loving the Truth of God

2 Thessalonians 2:9-10
The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

The contrast between those perishing and those being saved is most clearly evident in how they view truth. Those perishing believe the ling wonders, half truths and distortions of truth promoted by Satan through the world. However those who are being saved have received a love of the truth. I find it interesting and convicting that Paul ads the concept of loving the truth; not just accepting, acknowledging, tolerating or believing it. Those being saved LOVE God's Truth. The word Paul chooses to use here for love is "agape," a strong, sacrificial love.

Do I love the truth of God in this way? Do I have a passion and hunger for God's truth, his Word and His way that goes beyond all other hungers in my life? Do I love God's truth or would I rather believe half truths, distortions and convenient untruths for my own pleasure and benefit? Would it be obvious to the world what I love?

Father - deepen my love for Your Word, Your Truth and Your way. Make my hunger for Your truth stronger than any other desire in my life. Amen.

No comments: