Thursday, May 21, 2009

Trusting God's justice

2 Samuel 3:39
And I am weak today, though anointed king; and these men, the sons of Zeruiah, are too harsh for me. The LORD shall repay the evildoer according to his wickedness.”

David did not take it upon himself to avenge the death of Abner, his ally. Instead he weighted the cost and placed his trust in God to sort things out. Even though as king, David had power and authority to act, he chose to let the Lord repay the evildoer.
Am I ever more concerned about my own self preservation or self promotion that I do not leave room for the justice of God? How often have I taken things into my own hands and out of God's? If God is pleased with my faith and obedience I don't have to worry about myself or my opponents. God is faithful and worthy to be trusted.

God help me to trust You more; to place my life and circumstances in Your hands and let You defend and promote me as You please. Amen.

No comments: