Thursday, May 28, 2009

Worship

2 Samuel 12:20
"So David arose from the ground, washed and anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he went into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he went to his own house; and when he requested, they set food before him, and he ate."

David's response to the tragic loss of his child was worship. His prayers and petitions were turned to praise even when they were met with an undesirable answer.
Is praise and worship my natural response to loss, trial and unanswered prayer?
Can I praise God in loss as well as gain?
I can only imagine that his worship was was led him to the table to eat.
Worship has a way of turning our hearts and heads back to God and into a right place.
Will I allow worship to steer my heart and thoughts?... or will I dwell in my unchangeable circumstances?

God - give me a heart of worship that by it my heart and my head might be aligned with You. Amen.

No comments: