Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Prayer

Colossians 1:9-12
For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.

What an amazing prayer! I should be praying this prayer daily for those God has entrusted to me. To break it down into manageable parts I would say Paul is praying for: Spirit filling, obedience, worship (fully pleasing Him), sharing the faith effectively (fruitful good works), growth, and strength and power to endure. What would God do in the lives of my brother and sisters in Christ if I did not cease to pray this prayer for them?

God - make me more fervent in prayer. Make me more disciplined to schedule prayer and more sensitive to Your Spirit to spontaneously pray. Let me be known as a man of prayer and let my family, friends and students know the power of these prayers. Amen.

No comments: