Thursday, June 18, 2009

Secure

2 Timothy 1:12b & 14
"Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day."
"Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us."

This is a rarely taught yet profound and comforting truth. When we come to Christ, He is not entrusting Himself to us but we are entrusting ourselves to Him. In other words, I am not adding God to my life but instead adding my life to God, my whole life. I am not capable to be trusted with Him on my own. Therefore, what God has entrusted to me (the Gospel, Truth, love, faith) He keeps by the power of His Spirit within me. "For God did not give us spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of sound mind," (2 Timothy 1:7). I don't have to live in fear of judgment, condemnation or weakness because by His Spirit, power and love I am kept secure by the Father. I will not be tempted beyond what I can handle (1 Cor. 10:13) and I cannot be touche by the evil one (1 John 5:18). By His Spirit and the deposit of faith in me, I have victory over the world (1 John 5:4-5). My deposit in God has paid an overwhelming dividend in me that is guaranteed until He returns (Phil. 1:6 too). For I am convinced that He is able to do all this and more for me, His child, His friend, His servant, His own. Praise God! Amen.

No comments: