Monday, June 8, 2009

true offering

2 Samuel 24:24
Then the king (David) said to Araunah, “No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price; nor will I offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God with that which costs me nothing.” So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.

What does it take to make an offering genuine and true? What does it take to make worship true and genuine? What I bring before the Lord in offering or worship must cost me something. Without cost there is no sacrifice, only convenience.
When I lay my offering before the Lord, it must cost me something. I must be more that willing to sacrifice, I must forfeit my treasures and lay them down before my God. When I bring my offering of praise and worship I must allow the words and spirit to change my heart and conform me to the image of Christ. If I am not convicted or conformed it my offering true? Is it genuine?

Lord - teach me to value my offering and develop in me a desire for genuine sacrifice. Let me be changed by my worship and moved by my offering. Let me be a man of sacrifice, more than willing, disciplined in what I bring. amen.

No comments: