Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Trust & Self Control

2 Samuel 16:12
It may be that the LORD will look on my affliction, and that the LORD will repay me with good for his cursing this day.”

David didn't let opposition or offense dissuade him from doing what was right or seeking the Lord's will over his own. Instead, David reasoned that the Lord would do what is good and right and that God's intervention would vindicate him. If David wandered from the will or the Lord, this man's curse was a warning that must be heeded and respected. Either way, God was sovereign and in control of David's situation and could be trusted to do was was good and right. David trusted God. This was the foundation for David's humility and self control.

Do I have a similar trust and understanding when I face opposition or offense? Do I have a depth of trust that produces humility and self control? Can I do nothing so that the Lord can do something?

God - deepen my trust in You, Your will and Your provision. Let my trust produce in me a humility and self control that gives me the strength and discipline to honor You with all that I do and all that I do not do. Amen.

No comments: