Wednesday, March 24, 2010

His Work, His Way

Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Too often I encounter this verse and only consider the gate and not the way. Jesus Christ is clearly the gate (Jn. 10:9) and claiming Him as Savior through His work on the cross is sufficient for salvation. Yet it our claim is not followed by a lifestyle worthy of and a commitment to Jesus Christ, it is disingenuous and ineffective. We must be so convinced of Christ's work on the cross that it produces in us a commitment to His way in this life, no matter how difficult. Confidence in His Work and commitment to His way are indivisible and indistinguishable in those who have found life.

Father - let my life proclaim both a conviction of the cross and a commitment to Your way. Let my claim be more than words and empty confidence in my own knowledge. Let me boldly proclaim Your work and Your way in all that I do and say, no matter how difficult the path. Amen.

No comments: