Friday, March 26, 2010

Matthew 9:13
But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

Jesus is not interested in perfect people. To begin with, they do not exist, only those who think and posture as if they were perfect. These people Jesus has no time for. These are the people who cannot and will not grow because they have already arrived. Instead, Jesus prefers broken people; those who recognize their sin and desire something different. These broken people have a willingness to die to their old way of life and allow God to do something new in them and through them (John 12:24).
Jesus loves broken people because they work as He designed them to work.
Jesus has not time for perfect people because they are... broken.

So, what about me? Where have I yet to be broken? Where am I clinging to my old self? Where am I still "perfect?"

Father - forgive me for my pride and blindness to my sin. Break me and humble me. Let me die to my old self and allow You to grow something new in me. Amen.

No comments: