Friday, June 13, 2008

Credit to God

2 Corinthians 11:30
"If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity. "

The older I get the more I realize just how little I can truly take credit for. My accomplishments are at best accidental; and in reality the very intentional blessings of God. My whole life is truly a blessing from God.
And, more often than not, this realization comes through my failures; being in need, breaking a relationship, leaving a job, making a bad decision, being a poor steward, etc.... It is when I am weak or foolish that God seems to show up most and speak most clearly.
At one time I would pray to avoid trials and struggles. Now I pray that God would bless me with more opportunities to see Him and experience His fullness no matter what it takes. I pray for discomfort so that I don't stay the same or think too highly of myself. I'm not strong enough to be humble or gentle or meek on my own... so I ask God to bring me to that place by whatever means necessary.
And praise be to God, He's got me where He needs me. He has continued to open my eyes and reveal Himself to me. He continues to fight on my behalf and bless me beyond measure.

God - thank you for blessing me and molding me through my weaknesses and trials to see and know You more. Bring me more opportunities to rely on You and experience Your goodness each day. Make me humble and give me more opportunities to point to You. Amen.

No comments: