Monday, June 2, 2008

Fragrance of Christ

2 Corinthians 2:14-16

"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life."



When we follow in submission to Christ, when we walk as Jesus walked, we proclaim His victory in our lives. Like a triumphant army that marches through the streets of a conquered city proclaiming victory - we carry with us the knowledge of Christ and His victory on Calvary. By our lives and conduct we proclaim His victory over sin and death and condemnation. The Holy fragrance of a life surrendered to Christ is a sweet aroma to those also welcoming Christ's reign; but to those in opposition to the new king, it is a fragrance of death, the knowledge of judgement.

Either way, we are the aroma of Christ if we walk triumphantly in Him.



So what type of aroma does my life diffuse? Am I living a life that diffuses the knowledge of Christ? Do I proclaim victory over sin... or defeat? Do I walk defeated? What do others see and smell and know from watching the way I walk?



My Lord, may my life have the aroma of Your love and victory. May I walk in a manner that proclaims victory over sin and temptation and death and submission to Christ the King. May the knowledge of Christ be diffused through me - a fragrance of life. Amen.

No comments: