Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rags to Riches... and back.

2 Corinthians 8:9
"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich. "

I have become rich... so that I too may become poor. My God and Savior Jesus Christ sacrificed infinitely more than I could ever imagine for my sake. There is nothing that I have that is not worth sacrificing for the sake of the Gospel and the salvation of others; not my time, not my stuff, not my agenda, not my pride, not my comfort, not my life... nothing. All of these are simply blessings from God for the sake of the Kingdom.
I have become rich in so many ways... so that I may become poor in every way for the salvation of others.

God - thank You for my many blessings. I am overwhelmed by Your faithfulness, even when things are tight - You have proven faithful. Continue to bless me and my family with opportunities to give and sacrifice for Your Kingdom. Teach me to point others to You through my many blessings that they too may become rich. Amen.

No comments: