Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mornings with God

Psalm 5:3
"My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD;
In the morning I will direct it to You,
And I will look up. "

Coming to the Lord int he morning is a common theme in Scripture. Jesus rose up early in the morning to spend time with the Father in prayer.
However coming to God in the morning is about more than the AM side of the clock. Coming to the Lord in the morning means early in life when we are developing our habits, patterns and skills. It means calling upon Him before the storm hits. It means seeking His wisdom before it is needed. It means praising Him before the blessing - anticipating His goodness. It means looking up when everything within me wants to hang my head. It's blessing the Lord at all times - even when I can't see what lies ahead.
By this we are strengthened to stand, prepared for battle, equipped in thought, ready for action. Life will not hold me down because I rise up early in the morning and seek Him.

Lord, meet me in the mornings of my life. Teach me to seek You at all times. Keep my head up and my eyes on You. Amen.

No comments: