Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Examine Yourself

2 Corinthians 13:5
"Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified."

How would I examine and test myself to see if Christ is truly living in and through me?
  • Is there blatant sin in my life?
  • Am I in daily communication with God in prayer?
  • Have I been loving my bride in a way that reflects the Trinity (Eph. 5) and proclaims the Gospel of reconciliation?
  • Have I forgiven others or do I harbor bitterness and resentment in my heart?
  • Are His words on my heart, mind and lips?
  • Have I felt the prompting of the Holy Spirit to do that which is contrary to my flesh and worldly reason?
  • Am I serving sacrificially - giving myself away daily?
  • Do I hold loosely to my earthly treasures for the sake of the Gospel ministry... giving generously, daily?
  • Do I complain or rejoice in trials and struggles?
  • Are my days marked by joy or marred by resentment?
  • Do I boast in my work or God's work?
  • What compels me?... love, truth, Christ... pride, greed, guilt...?
  • Am I winning the battle of thoughts in my mind?
  • Am I actively guiding my family to walk closer to Christ?... or am I lazy in leading?
  • Would others see Christ in my actions?
  • Would others hear Christ in my words?

If Christ is truly in me, He must also be through me - constantly and clearly evident in each area of my life.

My Jesus - live through me. Make Your presence known in me; and in me known. Teach me to sense Your voice - to know Your Spirit's moving. Make me more sensitive to You, more conscious of sin, more loving to others and more true to who You are calling me to be. Amen.

No comments: