Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I am free... from glory to Glory

2 Corinthians 3:17-18
"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."

I am not longer under the law. My sin no longer chains me; restrains me from beholding the Glory of God. I am free from sin and free to behold the Glory of the Lord by the Spirit of the Lord. And as I gaze into His face, I am transformed - changed into His likeness and my sin fades away! From glory to Glory I am made new through beholding His Glory in freedom.
So why do I let guilt and sin restrain me from looking into the face and glory of God? I am free! The law and the veil have been removed! Why do I resist my freedom to approach the throne of glory? It is only by pressing through my insecurities and weaknesses that I am changed into His glory and likeness and can lay these burdens aside. I am free to bask in His Glory now!

God - cause me to seek Your face. Remove my guilt and shame and let nothing hinder me. I want to see Your face. Transform me from glory to GLORY. Amen.

No comments: