Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sufficient blessing, abundant giving

2 Corinthians 9:6-8
"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. "

God is able to bless me. He is more able to bless me when I am willing to be a blessing. When I am willing to sow generously, God is able to reap generously and able to share His abundance with me. And God may be more able to bless me if my giving comes from a cheerful heart.
And yet, when I get to the point of generous, cheerful sowing and generous, abundant reaping, the abundance is found not in material wealth or resources but in the good work to be done! My blessings from God and not abundance - they are sufficient. And this efficiency is not even for me - but for the abundance of opportunity.

God - make me more faithful in giving my time, talents and treasures. Give me a cheerful heart for giving. Give me eyes to see the abundance of opportunity around me and the wisdom to know how to apply my sufficiency. Make me more of a blessing each day. Amen.

No comments: