Wednesday, October 8, 2008

be like me...

Acts 26:28-29
Then Agrippa said to Paul, “You almost persuade me to become a Christian.”
And Paul said, “I would to God that not only you, but also all who hear me today, might become both almost and altogether such as I am, except for these chains.”

What a bold statement. While the bit about the chains was a joke, Paul was 100% serious about others following his example altogether in every way. Paul was proud of and confident in his obedience to Christ. Even under such scrutiny before king Agrippa and Felix and Festus, Paul knew there was nothing to hold against him but full obedience to both God and the prophets (vs. 22).
I want to like this life. I want to know this confidence. I want others to be almost and altogether persuaded by my life and obedience to Jesus.

Father- make me more consistent in my walk with You. Give me self control and discipline to obey in all circumstances. Make me and example to others in obedience and faithfulness. Amen.

No comments: