Friday, October 24, 2008

Half Hearted Sacrifice

Deuteronomy 17:1
“You shall not sacrifice to the LORD your God a bull or sheep which has any blemish or defect, for that is an abomination to the LORD your God."

Sacrifice that is not whole hearted and pure is not sacrifice at all. our minds are not challenged, our faith not tested, out hearts not strengthened when we offer up that which is not of utmost priority in our lives. Anyone can give from the change under the car seat or a few random minutes while waiting (or avoiding another dreaded priority). True sacrifice is to five of the deep reservoirs we have saved up and treasured - savings accounts, vacation time, me-time, etc. Sacrifice must cost us what we otherwise thought we could not give... or else it will cost us what we never thought to measure.

God - give me a heart of sacrifice and surrender. Drive me to give from my deep treasures. May my mind be on You and my faith strengthened by my sacrifice. Amen.

No comments: