Friday, October 17, 2008

To fear, walk, love, serve & keep

Deuteronomy 10:12-13
“And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to keep the commandments of the LORD and His statutes which I command you today for your good?

To "fear" Him is to understand who He is and who I am in relation to Him; to have the right mind regarding the Lord.
To "walk" in all His ways is to give Him my body and all that I do as a perpetual act of worship.
To "love" Him is to give Him my heart and full commitment.
To "serve" Him is to offer up my time, talents and treasures in ministry to Him and for His kingdom.
To "keep" all His commands is to make a public habit of demonstrating my allegiance to Him in full obedience; to show the world that God is alive and living within me. To keep His commands is to openly display the grace of God before a world desperate for His grace.
This is for my own good that I may conform to the fullness of the image of God in me and fully enjoy His presence forever.

Father - help me remember my calling and follow this call today, and each day, that I may know Your goodness. Amen.

No comments: