Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Prophet like Moses

Deuteronomy 18:18-19
I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. 19 And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him.

I am always struck by the Old Testament prophesies about Jesus. At times I think we overlook His role as Prophet. Jesus spoke God's words, not His own - the Father's words, not his. He gave signs and confirmations about what was to come and what was required of both Israel and the Gentile world. His words were true and undeniably wise... yet simple and accessible. If we study His words we find abundant life, light, security, confidence, joy, meaning, purpose, direction, hope and so much more. And we must study the words of this Prophet; they are like none other because they are not only from the Father, but of the Son. They are powerful beyond all other words for they are the declarative words of God.

Father - help me to know and remember the words of Your Prophet Jesus. Help me to Hide Your Word in my heart that I may not sin and that I may know abundant life. Amen.

No comments: